Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pork Chops w/ Sweet Potatoes

I got this recipe after doing a search on the internet for sweet potatoes. It is my new vegetable of the week to try in my cooking. We had this for the first time last night. I thought it was great. Taryn liked it but thought it was a little sweet for her.

2 boneless pork chops 1-inch thick
2 sweet potatoes
6 oz orange juice concentrate (1/2 a can)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 onion - sliced (I used red because that is what I had on hand)

1. Season the pork chop w/ salt and pepper and brown on all sides.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice lengthwise. Use a fork and poke holes in it so they cook a little faster.
3. Combine the OJ, brown sugar, and cinnamon until it is dissolved.
4. Place the sweet potatoes around the pork chops in a baking dish. Top w/ sliced onions. Pour over the OJ/brown sugar mixture.
5. Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. About half way through the baking I flipped everything over and spooned the juices back over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Dining!