Saturday, May 30, 2009

Swiss Oatmeal

This is a great recipe for little kids and Moms alike. And it is a very easy breakfast. It does have honey in it. If you want to omit the honey for smaller children, just use a sweeter yogurt. I usually use Mountain High Yoghurt because they only use natural sweeteners. Store brands are usually a lot sweeter.

32 oz. any flavor yogurt
3- 3 ½ c. oatmeal
1 – 1 ½ c. milk
honey to taste (I usually put about 2 Tbsp. in)
fresh, frozen, or dried fruit

Mix the yogurt, oatmeal, milk and honey together. Refrigerate overnight. Serve topped with fruit or another dollop of yogurt.

**My favorite is vanilla yogurt with fresh peaches. Whenever peaches are not in season, I use Craisins. I have left this in the fridge for up to 5 days and been fine. It usually is gone way faster than that. Heber, Henry and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Dining!